I’m really excited to be meeting Leigh September 30th at Parnassus Bookstore in Nashville!
More and more of my favorite authors are coming to Nashville and I’m excited to include Leigh in the growing list of kickass female authors I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.
She will be there to promote and sign for her new book, Crooked Kingdom.
I have not yet finished Six of Crows but it is my September book to finish.
People seem to only recommend the typical female authors, like Rowling or Austen, but there are so many more people forget. Sure the classics and Harry Potter are amazing, but everyone needs representation!
- Sarah J Maas, author of the Throne of Glass series and the A Court of Thorns and Roses series (YA)
- Victoria Aveyard, author of the Red Queen series (YA)
- Nicola Yoon, author of Everything, Everything (Contemporary)
- Marissa Meyer, author of The Lunar Chronicles and Heartless (YA)
- Julie Murphy, author of Dumplin’ and Side Effects May Vary (Contemporary)
- Tahereh Mafi author of the Shatter Me series (YA)
- Amie Kaufman author of Illuminae, Gemina and the Starbound series (YA)
- Amy Ewing, author of The Jewel, The White Rose and The Black Key (YA)
- Kiersten White, author of And I Darken (YA)
- Rainbow Rowell, author of Eleanor and Park, Fangirl and Carry On (YA)
Can I start off and say bless this book! I was in an intense two month reading slump before picking up this wonderful book.
It took me longer than usual to finish this book, but I persevered and am so glad I did.
I loved the interesting triangle between Lada, Radu and Mehmed so incredibly much. Lada and Radu relationship was a really tried and tested, but you could definitely see that deep down they both loved and valued each other over everyone else.
I liked the timeline as well. It was cool that the story covered from their births to young adulthood.
My favorite part was the ending where Lada said she was no longer the daughter of a dragon, she was the dragon.
I was like yaaaas, you go girl, all independent! I love how she didn’t end up with anybody and was able to stay strong and depend on herself and her brother.
Now, let’s talk cover. I brought this book with me to school and got a lot of comments on the cover.
I got comments on the beautiful lavender purple color, the flowers and the sharp spear ready to stab someone.
Overall, I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. This book blew my mind!