This is the way I write and the techniques I use. I want to make it clear that, while these may work for me, they might now work for you. I’m just here to offer some hopefully useful tips 🙂
- I don’t write in chronological order. If I feel like writing a particular scene but I’m at that point in the book, I stop and open another document and just start writing. It helps me keep my writing on track and helps me keep my writing voice in track.
- I cover up the word counter tracker thing on my word doc so I don’t only focus on the word count.
- I play music. It helps me stay on track and loosen up if I’m feeling down
- Make playlists for your novels! It helps me make sense of the direction of my book and helps me learn about my characters.
- Download and fill out character charts. This helps me get into the headspaces of my MC’s and, more importantly, my antagonists.
There you go! Hope theses tips are helpful 🙂
Goodluck to anyone and everyone participating in NaNoWriMo. You got this guys!