One of my favorite places to buy books is local bookstores. I love supporting them.
My local bookstore in Nashville is Parnassus Books. Not only do I buy books from them, I also regularly attend book signings in their newly renovated storefront.
Here are some books I purchased and LOVED from Parnassus
- The Precious Gems trilogy by Kerstin Gier (Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green)
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I had the absolute pleasure of meeting these two through Parnassus as well.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer. It was required to purchase a copy of her new standalone, Heartless, to attend her Parnassus sponsored event and get in the signing line
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I got a signed first edition of this from Parnassus and it was the best $20 I ever spent
- The Black Key by Amy Ewing. I totally forgot this was coming out, so when I went into Parnassus one day to buy some other books, it was a nice surprise
- An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir. I found a signed copy of Ember and bought it on a whim and when Torch came out I immediately bought it.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Ruined by Amy Tintera (10/10 would highly recommend)
- Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- Wrath and the Dawn and Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
Please, if you have a local bookstore, I urge you to buy from them. Not only does it help you get some fantastic reading material, it also helps the bookstore.