Firstly, I am willing to critique:
- Papers and essay’s; As long as I’m comfortable with the topic.
- Manuscripts; Open to both MG and YA, but I prefer Fantasy, High Fantasy, and Historical.
(Please note that I am trying to make sure everything I offer is a price that is available to all. If there are extenuating circumstances, please message me privately and I will try to see if we can’t figure out a solution. If that means decreasing the price to something more reasonable for you, etc.)
With each critique, I will make comments in the word doc., etc., as well offer a Face Time or Skype conversation to discuss anything related to the manuscript (included in the initial fee). I will ask that you pay half the initial amount ahead of time and pay the second half after I deliver the critiqued manuscript.
- Substantive Edit: I will read your entire manuscript and critique the main elements. I will look for large-scale inconsistencies or problems in plot, character, concept, and voice. I would prefer to offer this edit on early drafts of a manuscript, as this can be the best kind of feedback earlier in the process, when general shaping is still happening. Starting price is $15 for a manuscript of 200-300 pgs. and $25 for a manuscript of 300-500 pgs. The price will increase to $35 if the manuscript is over 500 pgs. If you are unable to pay due to extenuating circumstances (you can disclose these to me privately if you’re comfortable with doing so), we can talk and figure something out, as I can be very flexible.
- Line Edit: I will read your entire manuscript and examine it line-by-line, word-by-word for clarity of words and sentences, appropriate grammar and punctuation, and consistency (POV, voice, tense, timeline, and so on). Please note, a line edit is appropriate only when you believe all your elements are in place; there’s no point in editing sentences that you may revise or cut when you try to, say, rework a character who isn’t working. Starting price is $25 for a manuscript that is 200-300 pgs., and $35 for a manuscript that is 300-500 pgs. The price will increase to $40 if the manuscript is over 500 pgs. If you are unable to pay due to extenuating circumstances (you can disclose these to me privately if you’re comfortable with doing so), we can talk and figure something out, as I can be very flexible.
- Additional Notes with Manuscript Critiques; for both the substantive and line edits, I will include an edit letter that essentially details all the issues I found and what I think you can do to fix them. I also ask that you allow me two to three weeks to fully evaluate and edit the manuscript. If you need the manuscript in a shorter amount of time, or if your time-frame changes, please let me know ASAP so I can adjust.
Paper and Essay Critiques;
- Willing to offer both substantive and line edits for papers and essays, that are no longer than 20 pgs. Starting price is $20 for a paper/essay that is 1-20 pgs. long. I will make comments in the Word Doc. itself and am willing to Face Time/Skype to discuss after the fact. I ask that you pay half the fee upfront and pay the other half after the fact.
I also make bookish aesthetics, using pictures from Pinterest and using the Layout app on my IPhone. I also use Canva to make aesthetics, so let me know if you would prefer that layout.
I will ask that you give me a basic, bare bone synopsis of your project as well as one or two key locations, and information on what your main character(s) and secondary characters looks and traits.
One Aesthetic= $1.00
Three Aesthetics $2.50
Five Aesthetics= $3.00
Examples of Aesthetics I’ve made for myself:
Thanks in advance and feel free to let me know if you have any questions. You can email me or comment on this post, or find any other forms of contact thru my Contact Page. Please remember, I am a busy college student, with a job, and my own writing projects that WILL take precedence over anyone and everything else.